

Today while I was getting some re-energizing time time with the Mountain Town Moms (four women from our monthly foster/adopt group), our 12 year old CAL was at school getting himself suspended for 2 days for slamming a kids hand with a lap top computer and then pushing the kid to the ground. He did this because he claims the kid was unkind saying things about his Mom. When the principal interviewed most of the class, not one person could substantiate any of CALS story. Lovely. So is he really being taunted at school ? or is this part of his crazy stuff? On top of the visual hallucinations (Frank)- now we have auditory halluncinations too? This is his 5th suspension since arriving to our home in Sept. What a freaking drain.
Tomorrow there is a meeting (scheduled last week, before all this brou-ha-ha) to talk about CAL returning home. Attornies, Social Worker and Supervisor, Mom, Nana and me. Good times. Mom has completed all her tasks and is tapping her feet to get CAL home. I was invited to attend and share info (Hhhhhmmmnnnn...maybe I drew the short straw and get to tell the attorneys and Mom all about the imaginary friend - crazy hallucination named FRANK that has CAL completely on the edge.
There is sooo much more that happened today - but I am way too tired now. Sleep.
Sleep well, Mamas. So sorry about what Cal is dealing with. I'm glad you two are there to love him no matter what. I hope tomorrow's meeting helps.
ReplyDeleteI love reading about you and your kids. I love how you try to remain positive and hopeful even in the face of difficulties. You are an inspiration!
Gee, no coincidence that the time is coming for him to go home and he's acting out! What does Cal think about this? Is of age enough to have a say? I'm sorry, but when the system retraumatizes the kids, it just really ticks me off. shutting up my big mouth now and getting slowly off my high horse...bad knee, gotta get down carefully. hang in there and know he is so damn fortunate to have you in his world and HE knows it!
ReplyDeleteI hope that today is a better day, I am not sure what I would say at that meeting but I perhaps the SW's should hear that behaviour in children is their way of communicating - sounds like stress to me
ReplyDeletehang in there