Friday, June 3, 2011

Not Much - How 'bout You?


My dear friend  Marla reminded me I have not posted on my blog in several weeks. A combination of being busy chasing a toddler, sick with a nasty sinus infection, and conscious of the fact I could easily sound whiny and petty has kept me from writing and reading blogs.

We spent this past weekend at the seashore - enjoying all that Spring in New England has to offer....Well...The Other Mother and the boys did....I stayed at the cottage with the baby, Natalie, who pateintly watched me slog out the basement from her high chair.  Yeah. The basement at my parent's cottage near the seashore flooded from a pin hole leak in a pipe....Apparently, this is our year of wet basements. As much as I would have liked to chill at the ocean or the ponds...I'm glad the cottage and basement is somewhat under control as we have summer renters who begin arriving at the end of the month. 

We are in the last few blessed weeks of school here. Bobby is already excited and nervous about spending six weeks at camp. He went for four weeks last year and LOVED it. He came back a whole new boy - filled with self confidence and less hyper-vigilant about everything. Being plum tuckered out by a day of kayaking and swimming and tennis can do that....We are hoping that next year he will attend for the full summer (four sessions)and the following summer be a CIT....(counselor in training)

In order to inspire the Division of Family Services to take some action on James' behalf, we have formally given notice for James to move at the end of the school year. For more than a year he has been asking to live in a home with a Dad or an African American home....last I checked, we are two crazy white women. This September he enters High School and his wishes need to be respected. We, however, have mixed feelings. We want him to be happy - but we like having him in our home. It is up to him, I guess.

The Other Mother and I are signed up for the Second Annual Early Trauma And Attachment Meeting to be held March 2-5 in Orlando. Thank heaven for these wild women and amazing mothers who converge in a flurry of need and want for a few brief days much like an army of ants marching to a sugar cube.  They scrimp and save and travel from ALL OVER (US and Canada- eh?) just to be held up in love and understanding over the joys and sorrows of parenting attachment and behaviorally challenged children. I can't wait. If you will also be there - leave a comment below and let me know.

5 comments:

  1. I noticed you weren't around! Ugh, sucks to be sick and sucks to be sick with a baby around. Babies do not care about your sick.
    I hope James gets a good shot at what he wants. I had to laugh at your line, yes you are definately 2 white women. No mistaking things there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that you are ok, just busy, sounds like really busy. Enjoy the sun while it is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a newbie and look forward to meeting you in Orlando!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAN not wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you. I'm house momma in Villa Sara

    ReplyDelete