Baby Grace left late this afternoon. The courts returned her to an older relative as we expected. She is a cute, healthy baby, obviously well cared for and very much loved. I am happy to see her go "home" to a more appropriate setting than before - but still a little sad that the crib is empty and the infant toys and gear will be washed and put away. Loving on a little baby is exactly what we need after feeling so used up with our recent experience fostering James. I think The Other Mother and I were wondering if we were done with fostering....it can be soo discouraging sometimes. Thanks Baby Grace for renewing my love for fostering.
I have been dragging my sorry behind...no energy. I think I am peri-menopausal (GASP!). My cycles are changing to every other month and I am not loving it even a tiny little bit. I feel like I am riding a hormonal roller coaster. I am totally wiped out from this month's cycle. Not fun. The Other Mother teased me for spending most of my free time this weekend sleeping, thinking about sleep or recovering from a nap. On Sunday, baby Natalie and I took a three hour nap. Today I woke with more energy but I felt absolutely bone tired in the late afternoon. I actually went down the basement to throw in a load of laundry (baby bedding and car seat covers) and worked out on the Gazelle (like an elliptical) for an entire wash cycle (since I was too tired to go back upstairs for my iphone to time myself.....). Sweating and moving around felt great. I'm doing the vitamin thing - but may need to add some iron.
Anyone have suggestions for diet, exercise or vitamins etc? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mmm, diet? No. Exercise? No. Vitamins? Well, I take a few gummy vitamins every day from target and I have not been sick this year more than a couple days at a time. Hopefully someone else will have idea's for you. My idea is to lay on the couch and eat some ho- ho's.
ReplyDeleteI'll be looking for those suggestions too. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been digging smoothies--and even put some ch-ch-ch-chia seeds in them for extra protein. Apparently the Mayans used to carry them in pouches for energy when battling. Or something like that. They are little and stir into oatmeal and such. Overall, I say listen to your body. Don't push too much. You wanna nap? Nap outside and soak in some Vitamin D at the same time.
ReplyDeleteNice post. So glad Grace came around.
ReplyDeleteHave you looked into adrenal fatigue? It happens to moms of foster kids a lot. I have it, and my doc put me on a low dose of steriods for a couple of months, followed by an over the counter adrenal suppliment.
ReplyDelete