
The visiting nurse called at 8:00 am, with apologies, to cancel this morning's 8:30 am appointment. Apparently, she woke up to pink eye. I calmly and sincerely told her "Sure. No problem. Feel better soon."
Inside, of course, I am jumping up and down yelling "Yippee!!!!!!! Thank you Sweet Baby Jesus and Conjunctivitis!!!!I have NO appointments today!!What a freaking MIRACLE!!!!! No appointments!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWOOOOOOT WOOOT!!!
Here I am, finally, with a free day to tackle some of the many neglected projects looming over my head. Including some dust bunnies I can saddle for heaven's sake!Instead, I choose to spend some time with K, M and A. They are three fabulous women from our foster and adoptive support groups. Sadly, M was not able to join us - her two little ones were both sick and heading home from the pediatrician's office when I called. So K, A, and I met at 11:15 for a brunch/lunch at a beautiful old country store/organic restaurant/central hub of the community/local rural landmark.
Bliss. Catching up with their news- both sad and happy. Adult conversation. Conection with Moms who KNOW all that we deal with: RAD, PTSD, CdLS, ODD. Eneurisis, crazy foster care bureacracy, etc. etc.
I truly appreciate the chance to spend time with both Ann and Kay. Missed Mary. These women are a healing balm.
Kay's daughter Jane, also has CdLS like Baby Dee. Jane was adopted from foster care as an infant, is now in third grade and is so stinking cute. Kay and her husband Bill have fostered over a hundred and fifty childen and adopted four. After brunch I went back to Kay and Bill's house so Bill could OHHH and AHHH over the baby. The baby loved Bill. Bill loved the baby. I Love them and want to be like them when I grow up. If I ever grow up, that is.
I am giggling myself silly over you praising God for conjunctivitis!
ReplyDelete