Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Changing Our Change Of Plans For A Change


Looks like Baby Boy reunifies Friday morning after all. The last week of school is all half days and Teen Bio Mom will be home by 11:30 each day.

Anyone who hasn't previously worked with the Division of Family Services now has a better understanding of the inherent crazy Yes-No-Yes-No-Maybe-No-I'll Get Back To You- Maybe-Yes-NO style of decision making utilized by large government bureaucracies. Poor things, they don't even realize that they are doing it - it is so enculturated (is that even a word???)

To be a successful foster parent, one must be at peace with chaos and comfortable with constant indecision, recinded decisons, capricious decisons and the ever popular, seemingly random decisons.

Remember boys and girls, any decision worth making is worth changing at least five times in a 24 hour period with no regard to logic or practicality.

WHIMSY RULES !

Pass it on.

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days...a lot of indecision, or just plain old "we'll get back to you on that".

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! This must be a universal practice :) Good know they're consistent about something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through SITs and just wanted to pop in and say hello :)....

    I write over at http://growinguplost.wordpress.com

    I blog about life in foster care back in the 1990s (as a foster child), and how foster care affected me as a teenager, and made me who I am today.

    I'd love to have you stop by sometime!

    ReplyDelete