Thursday, June 17, 2010

Running on Empty With A Full Heart.

Another busy week here on the Hill.

Cal, (our former foster son) his Bio Mom, and Nana came to dinner last night. We celebrated his 13th birthday and had a great time laughing together, again.

I saw Baby Dee and her Bio-Mom on Tuesday when my travels brought me to The Other Side Of The State. Dee's Mom said "Look, your other Mommy is here." She is still just 12 pounds at 11 months but is making progress with rolling over and sitting up. Not crawling yet - but, oh, what a pincer grasp!

I had an IEP (Special Ed planning meeting) for James yesterday. We'll be tutoring him this summer instead of sending him to summer school. It is the best plan for him - less distractions, less peer influence and posturing opportunities. His wonderful/amazing social worker came to the meeting and will be hanging with him again today when they go out for a haircut afterschool and spend the afternoon doing some male bonding together.

This morning, Bobby graduated 5th grade - complete with breakfast, engraved dictionaries, choral performance and slide show. My freckle faced little boy is getting big!

This afternoon I have an appointment with my oldest son to look at a house. With a little help, he can buy a 3 bedroom house and pay about $200 less per month than if he rented a 2 bedroom apartment.

I have two empty beds and an empty crib and cradle. I am waiting for the Division of Family Services to call with a placement or two (or three).

Although we have been together for almost 20 years, Monday I celebrate my two year wedding anniversary to the woman that I love, love, love.

I may have empty beds, but my heart is full and happy.

3 comments:

  1. A family full of joy! Happy anniversary to you and your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty beds? LOL, you have so much going on! Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear! Funny, I never thought I'd get past baby lust....I guess our experiences as older "again" parents has taken care of that! All I'm thinking as I read empty cradle and crib is....good time to take a nice relaxing vacation! But then again, doing things and enjoying them without wondering how the family is faring at home is still kind of new for me.

    ReplyDelete