I called the Other Mother seeking her advice how to post the dog's pic from email to facebook...and well, once we saw his stinkin' cute little ugly face...well how could we NOT call the dog officer for more info?????
And so, I called Brodie the dog Officer...and...we made a plan to meet the dog at a well known grocery store/farmstand located half way between our two towns and ....well....
Meet Dexter:
His story is he was abandoned when his owners moved (college students??) and had been seen living in the woods for a week until the dog officer was able to scoop him. He is bigger than he looks (he is beagle size and very UGLY....cute but ugly!!!!!!) He sort of looks like Toto on steroids.....
He was evaluated at the dog pound and gets along great with other dogs and ignores cats...which is good because we have Sarah a 13 year old Golden Retriever we adopted two years ago and Riley a white miniature schnauzer who is 9 and neurotic, and two cats (one of whom weighs 17 pounds and is larger than the schnauzer...)....so really, what is one more anyhow??????
He didn't come with a name as he was abandoned. Earlier today I had been calling him BRODIE, which is the Dog Officer's name - but that seems a little weird and unimaginative. Then we thought FOSTER would be a cute name - but foster and foster care does not always conjure warm fuzzy images....which is why I chose DEXTER - after my favorite Serial Killer
So the dogs and cats and kids have all met, sniffed, peed, peed and peed and then sniffed some more. Now they are all exhausted sleeping on the kitchen floor here while I post. So far so good. The dog Officer agreed to take him back if there were any problems - but it is looking good! He has a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon - but I expect he'll get a clean bill of health. But he is one ugly dog.
Apparently we aren't the only adoptive family doin' what we do best. Kari at Coffee Catharsis posted today about SAMPSON, her own new doggie addition to her lovely family.
Merry Christmas Dex and Sampson!


Awww, I love ugly but cute adopted dogs. I have one of those :)
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! I LOVE HIM. He is adorable. Aaand the name is awesome too since that is exactly what we named our newest (got him a year ago)and for the same reason! Love that show...and am reading the book now.
ReplyDeleteReally, he is a cutie and really, when you have 2 dogs what is one more? Pretty soon you will have four like us..lol. Congrats...he is precious and deserves a nice home.
Aw, what a sweetie! Congrats on the new family member!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Congrats to you and Dexter! ♥
ReplyDeleteROFL! Somehow you always make me feel better.. I have been stomping around the house muttering (and cussing) this morning about our (damn) dogs.. 2 (out of 3) of whom are in a (literal) pissing contest about whose house this is going be.. "claiming" it by peeing on everything while I scream and pitch a fit.
ReplyDeleteAh, moving.
Thank goodness I am allergic to cats.
Love it! What a great Christmas present!
ReplyDeleteHe's the most adorable ugly dog I've ever seen! What a great holiday gift :)
ReplyDeleteoh! i love him! we are planning a new doggie addition for spring/summer. We are missing our beloved Hope too much to not get another dog.
ReplyDelete