Our new rescue dog Dexter has been here over a month and has settled in nicely. When I die, I wan to come back as a pet in my house. They have quite the life.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
One Good Book One Good Dog
My sobbing woke The Other Mother last night. I began quietly weeping in the final chapters of my latest read for the A to Z Book Challenge: One Good Dog by Susan Wilson. My sniffles and tears turned to full blown crying despite my best efforts to keep a lid on it. What a good book. A beautiful story of rescue and redemption, of fathers and forgiveness, of dogs and daughters, of hope for the hopeless. I picked it in the "New Arrivals" stack because the dog pictured on the cover looks EXACTLY like my recently adopted dog, Dexter. I was not prepared for how the story would capture my attention and heart. Gosh, how I love a good book. As much as I love my good dog.
Our new rescue dog Dexter has been here over a month and has settled in nicely. When I die, I wan to come back as a pet in my house. They have quite the life.
Our new rescue dog Dexter has been here over a month and has settled in nicely. When I die, I wan to come back as a pet in my house. They have quite the life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you read "The Art of Racing in the Rain"? I see the author of it is quoted on the cover you posted. My book club did it last month, and it is also a great dog book. :)
ReplyDeleteOh how sweet. When I read Marley and Me, I was so eager to finish it. I had to drive somewhere, but halfway there I pulled over at a parking meter and finished reading. I sat at the parking meter sobbing. Must have been interesting for those who noticed me. I do love a good book,too. I'll have to add this one to my ginormous list of TBRs.
ReplyDelete