"Good Times Here!!!!!!" She said in her most perky cheerleader/soccer Mom voice.
Really, though. I've been struggling with what to do with our kids, my flooded basement, my life....
Ahhh. James. James.... his task this week in therapy was to communicate better. Communicate he has....he is telling us how he feels without even using words!!!! What a good communicator:
James is not speaking to us unless it is to answer a question.
James goes to friends house then has the friend call to ask if he can stay later. He wont talk to us on the phone.
James is breaking curfew.
James is riding around in cars with unauthorized folks who have not been Background checked/cleared to supervise James
James is hacking into my computer then surfing fet*sh p*rn sites (Ewwwww!) and adult n*de web cams (double Ewwwww!).
The new kid, Manny is still at Residential and having a hard time...
Manny's multiple medical procedures scheduled for today have been postponed because they don't have a sedation plan (last medical visit resulted in a police/cuffs/restraints/ER &psych placement)
Refusing to do activities of daily living at Residential.
Not good.
Also, not surprising.
Sadly, not sure if he'll come back here after Residential as his emotional/structural/personal care needs and behaviors are just HUGE.
Bobby is Bobby and doing great.....very understanding of Manny's issues as he, too, has been in residential and "gets it". I love that boy's compassion but sometimes he is just too darn perky, positive and peppy for someone as bleak and pessimistic as me!
Alex is struggling with the age old question all young adults face: who am I and what am I doing here and what am I gonna do for the rest of my life???? He is gonna have to figure this out for himself and I wish the whole growing up and picking a career and deciding where to live, etc. was easier....This next stage of his life - going from teen to adult is much like childbirth: messy, protracted and painful - but the end result is a brand new adult rather than a brand new baby......Oh it isn't easy...but it is just part of growing up....
My basement is almost empty and damp (thankfully not flooded now)...with everything out and in the garage - stuff being repacked/donated/thrown away I almost feel like I am halfway to moving......moving?? MOVING!!!!!/Hmmm. Where???? Suggestions?
On other fronts...we were blessed with the chance to get together with some of the Orlando Moms in New Hampshire...I now refer to them in my head as my NHORLANDO MOMS (pronounced Nor'Lando...said in a syrupy sweet southern voice....) and will see them again in April. Which CANNOT come soon enough1
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I suggest you move to Ga. I know of a few houses in my neighborhood available. Here are some reasons you should consider the sweet south:
ReplyDelete1. We don't get snow.
2. If we do, it doesn't melt and flood our houses. It simply vanishes and unexpectedly as it arrived.
3. If it did, one of the houses in my neighborhood is on top of a hill. All water flowing away.
4. You'd be closer to Orlando.
5. You'd be closer to me. Which may not be tempting to you, but my golly, I'd give my right eye tooth to have ladies like you living and leading in my community.
Keep it up! You're doing great! And now you'll have less clutter when the sunshine comes! Blessings :)
oh I am soooooooo happy that you got to meet some of those Moms! Super Moms....all of you!
ReplyDeleteHave you written parenting tips/posts on this blog? You really have experienced so much from parenting wounded children. I would love to hear how you cope, how you handle stressful parenting situations and how above all you are able to love a child that you might not even like at times...is it sheer will? Goodness, kindness and pixie dust (just kidding!) or just the power of God? How do you BECOME one of THOSE Moms? Is it a choice or is it little by little? Do you learn as you go or is it a full up training before embracing the roles of parenting chidren who have come from broken places? I have read Parenting the Hurt Child like 3 times and still have so so much to learn!
Blessings to you as you navigate these waters (figuratively AND literally in the basement!)
Holly
New York is sorta close to New Hampshire!
ReplyDeleteI just have to say, I love your writing! You are an incredibly talented writer.
ReplyDeletemissing you. add that to your list.
ReplyDeleteWell, I would tout Green Bay but quite honestly could not do it with a straight face right now. Especially after our most recent snow day. Boo.
ReplyDeleteHope James does better, Manny too.
miving, Canada is good, closer to me would be even better!
ReplyDeleteSorry Ladies, but my dear friends need to stay close to where they are because I myself would miss the contact, laughs, frustrations, pain, joy, and shoulders to lean on... If you're going to move then move to the top of the hill and not half way up!!! Love ya :)
ReplyDeleteOh no. I hate to hear that James and Manny are having a tough time. Hope it gets better.
ReplyDeleteYou can always move to Florida!!!