Tuesday morning I spent unpacking, settling in and scouring the house and car and extras from my State Quarter collection for any and all change. Why??? Because I am starting a bank account for Orlando. Money will not be a barrier to attend for me or other moms...several moms attended on scholar-ship and I hope to contribute to that again. Money is just a tool and I can't think of a better way to spend it than holding up Moms parenting other peoples kids. Ok- and supporting orphanages...and maybe a hot tub. And a new Sienna mini-van...but really, the Orlando Retreat money feels more concrete and something I can easily accomplish....
I think I have $78.63 here as seed money for Orlando 2012.
It has been a strange returning to our atmosphere. Our boys have been very sweet and welcoming and there has been no fall out.
Yet.
I am embarassed to admit that the only inkling of unhappiness we have experienced so far is James left his souvenier T-Shirt and water bottle in the middle of the kitchen table as a passive/aggressive way of saying he was not happy with us going away. However, last night after dinner he brought it to his room where it will sit on the floor next to the christmas presents he still has not taken out of the bag....*sigh*
Anyhow, it is nice to know he cares about us and missed us in his own special way.
Loved meeting you both! So anxious for next year! One day just wasn't enough (but I'm so thankful for the day)!
ReplyDeleteI love you gals. The only thing more wonderful than finding out you'd be in my house, was actually getting there and HAVING you in my house.
ReplyDeleteJust being present with you was so uplifting. I think you know what I mean. We were all meant to be together.
<3
He and fudge can start a club, similar things over here. I should start saving now too, that will be the only way it happens. It was so good to hug you IRL, have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteI am saving up too!!!
ReplyDeleteI was thrilled that we would be in the same house and get to spend more time together. Y'all are an inspiration in so many ways...and fun too. I haven't laughed so much in such a long time! Thank you for being you!
ReplyDeleteI was sooo happy to get to meet you. I guess this means we'll be seeing each other next year. Can't wait
ReplyDelete