Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reason Number 8

Reason Number 8 why I haven't been blogging is I just don't have the words to accurately convey the strange little universe I currently live in. We have ongoing contact with our former foster daughters and consider them still part of the family. When you ask how many kids we have, we include whoever is in the house plus we always say our 3 oldest children are out of the house. We always count our two oldest foster girls and bio son. Right now our son Alex is 20 and the girls are 21 and 22. I don't talk about them much as they are doing their best to begin their lives as young adults, and I respect their privacy and encourage their independence. I am alternately proud of their acccomplishments and cringing at their relationship and life choices....I guess pretty typical parental reactions to pretty typical young adult behaviors....


Anyhow, of our 3 oldest foster girls, TWO of the three have announced they are pregnant. The 17 year old is due in September and the 21 year old is due in October. The 22 year old is NOT pregnant, but the child she gave up for adoption turns 5 next month. So she has her own issues of loss surfacing while the others prepare for babies....

I feel barely equipped at age 48 to meet the many demands of a baby - I just don't get how they'll be able to do it............

No comments:

Post a Comment