
That is why I was able to bring 16 bags of clothes to Goodwill last week when I finally put away the winter clothes and brought out the summer/spring things. Don't laugh. We live in New England, where wearing fleece is a year round thing. Sixteen bags: but don't get too excited - the bags were W*lmart size. So today I continue to purge our closets and dressers of the summery/spring things we don't wear and the things that are not going to fit. Even if someday they do fit, they'll be out of style by then. Hey - if I can manage to lose 30 pounds and can fit in my skinny jeans - then I think I can go out and buy myself a new pair to celebrate. In the meantime - I am purging ruthlessly.
We have 2 bags of boys skateboard style clothes: However, we have yet to have a boy that likes skateboard style clothes. Eleven adolescent boys and one infant boy have come through this house - and not a single one is a skateboard kinda guy....So two bags of T*ny H*wke clothes are heading for "Sal's Boutique" (S*lvation Army). Just you watch: Monday the phone will ring and it will be the Division of Family Services calling to place a twelve year old skatboardin' dude....

Maybe I should just keep the bag of clothes in the garage for a week or so....
We have been wildly cleaning the house - bought a wooden floor power scrubber thingy and The Other Mother has been scrubbing our floors clean. Who knew dogs and boys could make our floors soooo dirty? I've been clearing off the counters of too much junk and papers in need of filing or dealing with. It's been very freeing purging extra crap from the linen closet and kitchen cabinets and setting stuff aside for Buckshot's future house. I filled the van and will be driving to Vermont to see him this week.
The house looks good - but we are EXHAUSTED and looking at the clock waiting til it is the boys' bedtime so we can go to sleep!
That is so funny about having double the jeans that don't fit.
ReplyDeleteI think I work with that kid in the picture.
Too funny on the clothes purging. My clothes tend to eventually fall apart (hopefully not when I am in public) because I don't really change size much. It is a trial; I would love to shop and can't justify it! ROFL Funny about the skateboarding clothes too. Rob is a boarder, but in his fashion he is um different. Jeans can not be loose. They must be so tight we keep asking if he needs new ones. Shorts on the other hand must be long and baggy. Go figure!
ReplyDelete:-) Thank you for bringing a little laughter into my day! Just caught your "we're going to TX" notice on the right...very close to me....let's chat!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to purge clothes right now but our weather has been so goofy I have all our clothes out for use right now. I have 4 seasons of clothes sitting in baskets in the girls room that we are using out of!
ReplyDeleteThat's the nice thing about wood floors- they match dirt.
Oh.my.good.grief! Thanks Dia for pointing out that the mamas are coming to Texas! I happen to be between Dia and San Antonio. I'm going to email you....maybe while you two are down, my bff Donna can arrange a short but radical tube float...she is now a Tubanista.
ReplyDeleteSigh...I wish it were ONLY thirty pounds to my skinny jeans. Now, where'd I put my cookie?
Okay, I definitely have that ADD factor going on. Not tubing in October but for the absolutely best time in San Antonio, Donna can certainly hook ya up. She seems to know everything about everywhere,etc. chat at ya later
ReplyDeleteI actually love purging the house of stuff...not that I get a chance to do it, but when I do, I like it. I can soooo relate to dogs (four) and boys (two) and the mess that can happen. My boys are skateboard dud wearing boys, because they dont really have a preference, and I do...and thats skateboard dude clothes!
ReplyDeleteI purged earlier this summer. I took 7 trash bags GW. I actually had stuff in there from when I first got married...21 years ago. And some size 6's that wont fit around my leg now...they had to go, too depressing.
ReplyDelete