Geesh - it has been a whirlwind around here....
The Littles went home before Thanksgiving to a wonderful Aunt...I have nothing but good vibes about the whole thing. Spoke to Aunt on Monday to remind her of a long standing Dr. appointment Tuesday morning for one of the kids. She said they went to a relative's house for Thanksgiving dinner who has a tradition of each person writing on a table cloth with a Sharpie marker what they are thankful for. The Littles can sign their name - but not much more, so Aunt "Diane" asked Middle Little what he was thankful for and he said ___(my real name), ____(The Other Mother's real name) and Aunt "Diane". awwwwwwwww.
I've neglected my blog the past month - because for months I've neglected me, my delightful spouse, my wonderful friends and my cluttered house because I have been way too busy with kids, sports and all the various appointments everyone seems to have.
Yeah I have dust bunnies you can saddle.... The only thing I don't like about my new career as a stay at home mom is that the dust and dirt is soooooo much more noticeable when the daylight comes in across the wood floors and shines on my counters.....When I used to work and get home at dark it wasn't quite so noticeable (and much easier to ignore and say "oh, I'll vaccuum Saturday"...)
The house is quiet...reallllllly quiet without the Littles. I kinda like it when I'm not thinking it's too quiet.
James may be going home this winter (sooner rather than later) rather than after he graduates high school in four years. He is of the age where his voice matters to the courts and he has been doggin' his lawyer asking to go home and not live with us and not be in foster care...what can we do but offer him our love and support and help develop a transition plan that sets him up for success.????... Still waiting on adjunct services for a variety of community providers to support him and Mom in their home. Much supervison is needed. Too bad there aren't foster parents for adults - ya know???? Some of these parents need as much support as their kids....*sigh*
We've declined placements for a 18 month old and her four year old sister and also said no to placement for a five year old boy...we are off-line til after January so we can catch our breath and just relax and connect as a couple and family for a little while......recharge the old batteries.
Speaking of recharging the batteries: I am actually going to go to bed early and read!!!!!!!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have dust bunnies you can saddle.....
ReplyDeleteHow poetic ! My thoughts & dust bunnies exactly!
you gals are awesome, you know that?
ReplyDeleteglad it was nothing more than "busy" that kept you away.