A much larger adult bear was in our yard the fifth day Manny was with us. Why do I know this? I mark it on the calendar. Some women chart their periods...I chart the bears. Whatevs. Like I said, it's New England. In the woods. Anyhow...It was fortunate that Manny and James had a front row seat from our dining room window to see the adult bear. Fortunate?
See, one of Manny's "many" behaviors was running away. Seeing a very large bear in our yard thankfully slowed his running and kept him close. Thereafter he never ran away up the mountain and only went down as far as the bottom of our long driveway and down the road to the neighbors...
Hmmmm...... the bottom of our driveway...just like the bear in this photo.


of course, in our case, there are fire ants, possum, rattle snakes, cotton mouths, water moccasins, black widow and brown recluse spiders, scorpions, alligators, alligator-sized catfish in the lake (the kind that can eat children), chiggers, stinging nettle ...
ReplyDeletebears? sounds tame to me! lol
Wow! Super cool!
ReplyDeletewe learn about bears here to, the best was the day there was one in the school yard!
ReplyDelete