Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes....

David Bowie CHANGES would be the soundtrack I would pick for today....

This afternoon I received some News from THE STORK (my very loving term for our FABULOUS adoption Social Worker)

She called to say that at some big whoop-dee-doo planning meeting today it was decided that our RADish's case will be "consolidated". He is in one part of our great state in New England and his dad is in another part of the state. Radish rather reluctantly here in month ten of a pre-adoptive placement with us and the goal was changed today from adoption to reunification and foster care. In addition, his case will be transferred to his dad's local division office. They will be looking for a foster home for him near his dad so they can begin the process of therapeutically working in counseling towards a healthy and successful reunification.

Wow.

I am happy for him as reunification (or at least some clearly defined RESOLUTION) is what is desperately needed for this poor poor boy to ever become whole and attach anywhere.

He does not know. Both social workers (The STORK ans Dad's SW) will come and tell him together when the time is near (probably mid July by the time they all get their ducks in a row and paper work filed in triplicate etc etc etc

Wondering if this is the right thing...?? Who knows -

Tonight, when he sneezed in the car, I cheerfully said "Bless You!". He just stared at me with those blank unblinking eyes and flat emotionless expression.

So while we don't know if this is the right thing for him, I reluctantly believe his moving on is the right thing for us and our family.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, all we can do sometimes is guess about what is right in this system. Glad your feeling positive about it.

    ReplyDelete