Please tell me your gardens are also stunted from the Biblical amounts of rain and lack of sun we have been having here in New England...I'm embarassed that not even the weeds are growing as they usually do - I think I have 3 zucchini plants out of at least 40, 0 wax beans, 0 carrots (greens but no carrot), 0 radishes (lots of greens with straight roots - but no radish bulb at the end!!!!) 0 Watermelon, 10 peas out of 3 rows.......quite a bit of red looking grass like vegetation that should be swiss chard - but is stunted red grass. No climbing green beans (my eight foot tall, wrought iron, climbing, fancy pyramid poles look ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS bare-naked.
The photo above is from Last Year's Garden - I repeat: LAST YEAR'S GARDEN.
I ran out of time in Vermont last month on the Sunday afternoon when I planted and never even put tomatoes in. So I have these 8 empty metal tomato cages lined up in two rows with no yellow beans growing underneath shading their roots.....Tell me it wouldn't have looked TOO STINKIN' CUTE if it grew??????
I think I am most embarassed that my brown to green ratio is out of whack. By this time of year I should at least have a garden overflowing with bright green weeds - then I could have the plausible deniability of being out of state, only here at Camp on weekends...BLAH BLAH BLAH....too busy to weed..... But I can't even grow FRICKIN' weeds!!!!! Well- except maybe along my entire backyard fence line ....But that is another post.....
Had a breast lump removed yesteday - am home in my pajamas feeling pretty good except for a bruised and swollen neck and fat lip!!!! - No idea how I can came home looking like I went through a drunken bar fight - BUCKSHOT thought the anesthesia didn't work so good so they took turns punching me out!!!!!!!) Sure as heck feels that way....Everything hurts but the incision site for the lump - GO FIGURE!!!!!!!
I should get the biopsy results this afternoon - today is my birthday - 48 - so I am hoping for a good birthday present...I mean, really - who wants cancer for their birthday?????? I'd much rather have weeds in my garden.
Can't wait to get back to VT.......
I ran out of time in Vermont last month on the Sunday afternoon when I planted and never even put tomatoes in. So I have these 8 empty metal tomato cages lined up in two rows with no yellow beans growing underneath shading their roots.....Tell me it wouldn't have looked TOO STINKIN' CUTE if it grew??????
I think I am most embarassed that my brown to green ratio is out of whack. By this time of year I should at least have a garden overflowing with bright green weeds - then I could have the plausible deniability of being out of state, only here at Camp on weekends...BLAH BLAH BLAH....too busy to weed..... But I can't even grow FRICKIN' weeds!!!!! Well- except maybe along my entire backyard fence line ....But that is another post.....
Had a breast lump removed yesteday - am home in my pajamas feeling pretty good except for a bruised and swollen neck and fat lip!!!! - No idea how I can came home looking like I went through a drunken bar fight - BUCKSHOT thought the anesthesia didn't work so good so they took turns punching me out!!!!!!!) Sure as heck feels that way....Everything hurts but the incision site for the lump - GO FIGURE!!!!!!!
I should get the biopsy results this afternoon - today is my birthday - 48 - so I am hoping for a good birthday present...I mean, really - who wants cancer for their birthday?????? I'd much rather have weeds in my garden.
Can't wait to get back to VT.......
Happy Birthday!!! Hoping you get a good report too.
ReplyDeleteWishing we had some of your rain. Could you send some down south????
Hope your news is good. My garden is dead too only from the sweltering heat... :( BOO. We have a make shift shade covering, but it's still to hot even in the shade.
ReplyDeletefeel better soon...