Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Three Boys and a Bunk Bed

Today is the last day of school for Bucksquat. AK and RADish finished Monday. To celebrate, I am heading to our camp in Vermont with the three boys for a mini-vacation while the other mother works...She'll head up on Friday night. So I won't be blogging for about a week.

Stay tuned, though. It promises to get good.

Our camp in Vermont is small so they will be sharing a room with one bunkbed - which means each boy rotates: a night on the top bunk, bottom bunk , and sleeping bag on the floor.

Our plans so far include a very long car drive, having to go to the bathroom after passing the sign that says "Next exit 72 miles", acclimating AK to the area by playing tour guide - since AK hasn't been to Vermont before, working at the church tag sale, pouting, riding bikes at the bike path, being oppositional, sulking, fishing, instigating fights, heading to the lake, being disregulated, sleeping late, being manic, visiting the cat rooms at the local animal shelter for some fur-therapy, random accusations of space invasion and general irritation, and, finally, heading back to Happy Valley, New England after church on Sunday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it exceeds your expectations! I have to mentally prepare myself for any road trip with our RADish. Hoping for some good bonding time despite the challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a potentially busy time!!

    ReplyDelete