Saturday, June 13, 2009

What Do We Do??? Advice??? Anyone???

Ok. This hasn't happened to us before. We almost called the 1-800 ..... after hours, hotline support number for the Division of Families and Children for advice on what to do until the Social Worker arrives Monday morning to take him several towns away to his school....

We had no clue what to do, I mean, we have heard about it before - but hadn't seen it (not even with our bio kid.....I don't even think we covered it in our eight week long foster parent training class. Certainly not in the foster support group we attend for the Valley towns........and for sure it has not been discussed in our adoption support group.....

Yes, dear readers, our latest placement is.................(gulp) AN AVERAGE KID.

What do they expect us to do???? I've tried google , bing, amazon.com, blogs.....But for crying out loud.............Does anyone know how to deal with a AVERAGE KID????????????

Anyone?????

2 comments:

  1. Mine are pretty average...and pretty "issue free", so...just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good grief. No insight here! I don't believe I've ever had one....wait, take that back. The Boy, who's 3 1/2. Kinda normal. He did however have night terrors & STOPPED eating at 18 months. Sooooo, yea, no, I guess I've not had a normal one.
    Please report on this abnormal behavior. Just in case the rest of us run across it.....someday.

    ReplyDelete