It is 2:40 am and I am home from the hospital after taking BB (the bouncing baby bubba) in for an ER check because I tripped in some god forsaken pothole in the local KMART parking lot and we both went down- thankfuly he was strapped into his carseat snugly and the carseat was still hooked in my arm when we fell - so he did not take a tumble. He just went horizontal to vertical and back again...PHEW. Thankfully 2 KMART clerks were having their smoke break and saw the whole thing. They were very sweet and calmed my shaken nerves over the baby...BB woke up cried, smacked his hungry little lips together and promptly fell back asleep...After filling out the accident report and showing the manager the pothole we immediately headed to the hospital for a check, and called the appropriate Division of Family Services on call numbers and pediatrician. The baby (BB) is AOK and no injuries were noted. Glad we had him checked.
I am way too wired to sleep and I have to get up in the am and drive to the other side of the state to take Baby Dee and her Mom to their first Pediatrician appointment. I'm looking forward to seeing them - but am none to happy over the idea of a four hour drive each way.
The Other Mother is away in another fine New England State at a conference for the large national community based youth orginization she works for.....She'll be home on Thursday night. THANK GOD. Single parenting is NOT for me...I miss her bunches (and besides she is the morning Mom - Bless her heart, she gets the boys up for school AND brings me coffee every morning. Oh how I love that woman!
Good night..........or is it Good morning???????????????
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh gosh, so glad you were both ok. That is so scary. I remember falling on a tiny bit of ice in our yard when KC was an infant. I had taken him out of his car seat and was walking into the house so when I fell he rolled, but luckily into the soft snow where he lay there laughing. I was nearly hysterical thinking I had killed him and he was thinking it was a game!
ReplyDeleteoy, what a day, glad that you are both alright. i hope the drive can be a little less long with some good music. Hang in there till the OM gets back, coffee in bed sounds great but I am the morning one around here.
ReplyDeleteOh my..So glad you both are okay. I would have been freaking too! Hope baby DD is doing well :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is ok! AND, I have to say that I hope one day I am as lucky as you are to be in such a fantastic relationship as the one you are in. You guys are SO blessed! :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH, I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Glad he is ok!
ReplyDeleteThat is the TRUTH, if I were a single parent, well, suffice to say there might not be any kids at all. I don't know how they do it, I really don't. I know that is a cliche, but still. How??? Sheesh!