
Your cell phone rings and after reaching your hand into your jeans pocket you try and answer your CAMERA.
I am clearly both too old to stay up all night and am not used to the crazy sleep schedule of a newborn and have been feeling sleep deprived for the past week. The Other Mother returned from her four day business trip last night (thank goodness!!!!) She let me sleep through the middle of the night feedings AND the morning feedings AND she made coffee. Oh how I love that woman!
As a result, I had enough sleep on board that I at least realized I was trying to answer my camera, and quickly reached in my other pocket for the phone....PHEW.
It was Baby Dee's Mom calling. The new Visiting Nurse was there at their apartment on the other side of the state and she had some questions. Answered questions and she added me to to their contact/care provider list to contact again. Nice. So glad to be a resource and provide support for Dee and Mom.
I love it when the foster care system works...and when The Other Mother is home.
LOL- those babies, they have NO respect for sleep!
ReplyDeleteThe story reminded me of when my 80 year old grandmother got a cell phone, and she answered it when the microwave went off. hee hee.
lol, thanks for that laugh!
ReplyDelete