Monday, May 24, 2010

Home Sick



Yesterday The Squat (aka Bucksquat / Bobby) had a nasty coughing-cold thing and was home from school.

Interesting to how a parentified child takes to being cared for when home ill.

He strolled outside and started playing.

I followed him outside and asked "What are you doing?"

"Playing" he says.

"Ummmm, Bobby, NO. Come back inside."

"Why?"

"If you're well enough to play outside then you're well enough to go to school."

"EXACTLY" is what he replied in an irritated/exasperated voice that strangely sounded just like mine.

Ummm...Bobby? Since you agree with the logic - do you think you could get inside??

It was a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Freakin' Day.

Today, The Squat (Bobby) is home AGAIN - This time on total bed rest. I pointed out to him that there really wasn't much difference sitting and listening to his teacher go on and on about Science or sitting and listening to Rachel Ray go on and on about Cooking. So - too sick for sitting & listening at school, too sick for sitting & listening to Rachel on TV. *sigh* My boy does love a good cooking show....*sigh*

So if he was sick - bed was the place to be and STAY ...... All.Day.Long.

When I checked on him a little while ago he had taken over James two shelves on the bookcase. James' stuff was gone from the bookshelves. Yup. Gone. Yesterday Bobby removed many of James' things from James' bureau and filled the space with Bobby's things. He even took James' stuff off the walls: he removed James' Greek God Ares' Sheild (a big class project) and his balloons and WELCOME JAMES poster (we make a welcome poster and put up on the door with balloons for new foster children - so they see that poster when they arrive at our door with their Social Worker.) So today I reminded him that he SHARED a room and needed to SHARE some space and took Bobby's stuff off James' shelves and put it back on Bobby's shelves. *sigh*

Umm Bobby? Just because you redecorate it - doesn't make it so. *sigh*


3 comments:

  1. Oooh I would love a day of laying around and watching cooking shows. I hope he is feeling better soon and you can get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Just because you redecorate it - doesn't make it so. " Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Genea I have to be rigid about her being "sick". I have to make sure there is no fun and nothing interesting for her or she darn good and well will be sick every other day for the next 10 years. With Teena I can put on tv or a movie for her and she will go about her life when the sick is gone.
    Hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete