
It has been a challenging week here. I don't even know how to blog about it.
Truly. I have been bleak and tired and sad and just Blah...
Yesterday, while heading out to do errands, I stopped to open my mail at the bottom of the driveway and promptly burst in to tears (which rapidly turn to big messy sobs) all because a very kind Mommy sent me coffee beans.
Well, the tears were from many things -but mostly because it meant I am not alone, that I was being "loved on" by another Mommy who gets it and that it meant even when I am feeling alone, I am part of COMMUNITY (even if it is not the next-door neighbor variety of community), and that God lets us know that even when he is busy, he sends his best angels to watch over us and get us through the day....
Do you think you could be an Angel? Yesterday was proof it doesn't take much to turn a professionally trained Mama into a sobbing puddle of mush.....So if you feel like the Angels are calling you to join their ranks...stop by the Mom-Match-Up here and get your wings on.
Hmm...Ill check it out.
ReplyDeleteSending you a gigantic hug. I'm so sorry. It seems that it's going around. Hoping it passes quickly and as painlessly as possible.
ReplyDeleteI think that same coffee bean fairy stopped at my house too :-) Isn't she the bomb???
ReplyDeleteSo now I just read that your dtr had moved in with you the end of her Junior year. Amazing. Thank GOD for the 2 of you!!
I have often thought about fostering and/or fostering to adopt. I just don't know if the timing is right... with children ages 3, 5, 7 and 7.
I once contacted Big Bro. and Big Sisters here in our town. They asked our children's ages and number of. I told them. Know what she said? Maybe you should call back when your children are older. She said it would be hard to find time to give to one more child. Really???? I was so annoyed. I explained that we have 3 bio and one little boy that we recently adopted. And that we would LOVE to spend some special time with another child..cooking, baking, going to the park and out for ice cream..etc. She said that the supervisor has to ok large families to "do" BB/BS program. Large family? We have 4, four, quatro, children!!!!
BUT...they have no problem calling and emailing me for donations all the time.
Yikes, hoping "it" gets better soon, whatever "it" is!
ReplyDeleteyou never know what might put you over the edge when you are already feeling stressed. May you have a calming weekend.
ReplyDelete