Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hot Sauce


Well. Today's news - Not one of the biological and extended family members identified as a resource were willing or able to take Cal: other obligations, no room, too many kids, sketchy background etc. How sad for him. We said we'd gladly have him stay until things get straightened out. Hopefully that will be next week when they go to court.

The ride to school wasn't as long as I thought. Less than 45 minutes. Thankfully. He was pretty nervous about returning to school after not being there and worried if people would know he was in foster care. I assured him I'd pick him up early from school so no one would see him getting in a strange car at dismissal. He was very appreciative. Meanwhile the Social worker called and had arranged a visit with Mom. I picked Calvin up a half hour early at school and we headed to the Division of Families for a visit with Mom. He was thrilled. They hugged and cried.

He is a funny, inquisitve, reflective, and polite young man. We were sitting near the tennis courts while watching soccer tonight and he says. "I'm really glad I'm not a tennis ball." Yep. Me too.

Did I mention he has a cast iron stomach? We picked up frozen chicken strips, broccoli and corn at Walmart today for a quick dinner before soccer. He wanted the spicy buffalo chicken strips - I wasn't sure how hot they were. So in compromise, I suggested we get a jar of hot sauce and the plain strips. Well shut my mouth!!!!!! Half the bottle of sauce is gone already.

2 comments:

  1. ROFL I don't eat meat but I do love hot and spicy food. Has to do with not having much of a sense of smell and since he is asthmatic it may actually be similarly for him. My wife used to get sooooo annoyed because whatever she sent to the table I would dump hot sauce on before touching it.

    ReplyDelete