Friday, September 11, 2009

Paint Therapy

I'm going to try some much needed therapy "Cindy Bodie Style" - I am at camp in Vermont and am going to PAINT and PAINT and PAINT. We've selected white for the trim and two walls and a soft slate blue for the other two walls. We are using leftover grey to touch up the perimeter of the floor to freshen up the part that will show after we put down a new large, almost-wall-to-wall carpet.

Our guest room is multipurpose - besides having a twin bed, double bed and dresser, we are putting in an eight foot formica counter along one wall to use as a desk/workspace. The Other Mother is in year two of a three year lay ministry program and has HOMEWORK. I need to "create" (sew, knit, paint, etc.) to maintain my sanity. Buckshot needs a quiet spot to do college work if we are having a house full of children. Bucksquat needs a place to go watch his MARY KATE AND AHSLEY Movies for movie for the tenth time.

PAINT. Well, at least that's what I hope to do. It is a glorious fall day here- too nice to stay inside ALL day - so maybe I'll just keep it manageable and just PAINT two walls today. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you also got outside to enjoy the day! Down here it was rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can totally picture the room. Hope you can post pics.

    ReplyDelete