Friday, October 9, 2009

B.H.A.G.


A new vocabulary word: B.H.A.G. Let me explain. The Other Mother, an Executive Director of a large non-profit organization had a Strategic Planning Session yesterday with her Board of Directors facilitated by a Regional person from the Big National Organization. Anyhow - after much thoughtful discussion, clarifying excercises and mindful processing, the Facilitator challenged the Board to write down and articulate their B.H.A.G. Pronounced Bee-HAG.....

I never heard of it. Bee Hag???? What on earth is a Bee Hag.

Well, Dear Readers...A BHAG is a BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS GOAL. Where you want to go...what you want to do...and how are you gonna get there....step by step...

I think I need to get me one of those......

1 comment:

  1. Did this originate in the non-profit world? Or did it trickle in from the corporate sector? I can only imagine if it makes its way into my university setting. A bunch of gray-haired old academic farts talking with straight faces about their Beehags!

    ReplyDelete