Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Sense God gave You

Cal switched schools this week. No more driving 45 minutes each way, twice a day. I'm thinking of getting a part time job with Fed Ex or some other long-haul trucking outfit...I am so used to sitting in the car for a good 3 hours a day I am lost without driving....

Anyhow -
While waiting for the school bus with Cal at the bottom of the driveway this morning he starts complaining about how cold he is. Of course he is cold. He is wearing nylon gym shorts and a T shirt and it is raining out. Remember we live in New England. It is Fall. It is freaking COLD in the mornings. On top of the COLD, it is DAMP and WET because it is raining.

For several months now, there has been major construction happening on our street as they widen the road and lay new pipes. Big yellow noisy construction vehicles are digging and beeping and growling each morning. Backhoes and Excavators are everywhere, along with the big burly men who drive them. Please note: the big burly construction men are wearing hooded sweatshirts over their T orange T-shirts and blue jeans. Not shorts and T shirts. Sweatshirts and pants.

Cal: When is the bus coming? I'm cold.
Me: Where's your jacket?
Cal: Nah, I'm good. I'm just cold.
Me: Look at that man over there what is he wearing?
Cal: Green.
Me: What else?
Cal: Orange.
Me: HE's wearing a sweatshirt and pants and he's working hard and moving around. All you have on is shorts and T shirt. You're dressed for summer!
Cal: Well Yeah. I get hot in school.
Me: You don't eat breakfast then say you are hungry. You don't wear a jacket and say you are cold.
Cal : Ummmm.
Me: Ummm-Hmmm. Honey you are NOT using the sense God gave you.
Cal: Yes I am.

Just not today.

1 comment:

  1. omg, I know that conversation. Its the "meet my needs, prove it, now meet these needs, prove it" etc conversation. Chills.
    I gave you an award, go look!

    ReplyDelete