Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bigger Staff


Seven pounds four ounces. Three months old. No more NG tube feedings. 100% oral feeds - YIPPEEEE. Our little failure To Thrive is THRIVING!!!!

Saw the Pulmonologist yesterday - on our way to the Gastroenterologist now. Early Intervention was here this morning. Baby Dee has a wonderful Developmental Specialist from Nigeria who will show me, next time, the way they wear babies in her country as an adjunct to the fabulous sling we are using. Visiting Nurse will be here tomorrow morning. Her Parent Aide will pick her up for a visit with Bio Mom at lunch time. Still waiting to hear back from the Physical Therapist and Nutritionist.

GEESH.

This girl has a bigger staff than Michelle Obama!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Who has better arms...?? THAT is the big question!

    :)
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear she is thriving! How are YOU two doing? Getting more sleep I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the African style of babywearing. I did something similar to it without knowing as I used soft cloth to make a sling from a rebozo for KC. For Lissa I used a mamaroo which was still less structured but was stronger fabrics as she was heftier.

    Such wonderful news on baby Dee's thriving. A nurturing family is so important. Hospitals can do so much but they can't really nurture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo!!!!! The love of moms.....it's a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course she's thriving! She's got you two!

    I lived in Africa for two years, and loved seeing how the women wear their babies. It is amazing how the babies get worn everywhere and through every task. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mommy power. x2. lol :)

    I wanted to throw you my new link - I'm changing the old blog to private after today! Woo hoo! :)

    http://mylifeisfunnylikethat.blogspot.com/

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment.

    And I love you more.

    ReplyDelete