Thanks to Lee http://familiesrbuiltwithlove.blogspot.com/ and Corey at http://watchingthewaters.wordpress.com/ who both nominated me for an award back in mid October (before we got the baby and life as we know it spiraled out of control.) Life has been just as crazy in my house as it is at any one of your homes. I don't know how we juggle what we do sometimes. But we do. And we do it with grace and humor. So not to add any pressure to all y'all out there who are struggling with keeping up with the dishes - but your readers want to know. So if you are reading this - consider yourself nominated and feel free to post about you....
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF THAT READERS MAY NOT KNOW:
1) I used to go winter hiking and winter camping in the White Mountains. Winter adventures in the great outdoors. Now, not so much. Lately I am more likely to be found on the couch with a good book than slogging up a snowy mountain trail with 35 pounds on my back in 10 below weather.
2) Growing up, I could see the empire state building and NY skyline from my house in Jersey. Despite the big city New York/New Jersey influence - I am a small town girl at heart.
3) I've been married three times - third time's the charm (oh and finally figuring out I was a lesbian helped too. First time to was an impulsive college elopement with an exotic Iranian student - lasted about 8 months. Second time was to my best friend - we dated for two years and were engaged for three years before we married. We were married several years before we had our son and then. Well, then. Poof. Things fell apart. Sad. Very sad. Third time - The Other Mother and were friends at work and were surprised, shocked and very much freaked out when we finally figured out that we had fallen in love during the times we hung out together as I was trying to process the fall-out of my marraige. It took us about a year for us to get over the "God and Everyone Will Hate Us" denial and finally agree to give it a go...and here we are. After all these years together -the Other Mother and I finally decided to make it legal - because marraige between two women is legal in the New England State where we live. We've been married a year now and together almost 18 years. Bliss. Pure Bliss.
4) I have a Master's degree in Education but cannot program my VCR or my cell phone's answering machine. Wait. cell phones don't have answering machines. They have voice mail. See? I figure if I wait a while longer, VCRs will be obsolete and I won't need to feel so embarassed about not knowing how to use one.
5) I can live without music - but not without books. I need to be reading something all the time. even if I am not actively reading - I still have stacks of books all around. Magazines are good too..but books are better.
6) In my previous jobs I have met Lady Margaret Thatcher, Jackie Joyner Kersey, Elizabeth Dole, Walter Cronkite and Jimmy Buffett. I doubt any of them are blogging that they met me. Ten years ago, I gladly traded my more prestigous, well dressed, well traveled, well paid job for more time with my family. A trade well worth it. Like I said, I really am a small town girl at heart.
7) I'd like to live in the woods (Alaska? Maine? Minnesota? Vermont?)for a year (in a well stocked log cabin with lots of dry, split wood, great books and WiFi internet access of course. If I couldn't stay the whole year, and had to pick just one season, I'd make sure I was there for winter. A nice long, snowy, quiet cozy winter. Ummmm. Bliss.
So tell us all about you...we are all dyin to know....
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'd love to visit Alaska too but I am a vegetarian and that might be a bit tough there! LOL We share a confusion of things techie and electronic also. Thank goodness for children who are naturally gifted in such areas!
ReplyDeleteVCRs ARE obsolete so you can relax...unless of course you still have lots of videos...which of course are headed down the eight-track path. Couldn't resist teasing. Oh so glad to hear your story about you and the Other Mother. We have been married for 2 years although together for 10. C. and I were friends for 2 years before we realized we were meant to be together. She was a lesbian when we met but I was "straight." As she put it, I was her most "open-minded" straight friend. Guess I really was open-minded.... :-D
ReplyDeleteI started to say who I was and it just turned into a blog post. So, it'll be over at my blog. On the technology....my little radling is the techno wizard and while he's in RTC, I'm having to learn how to do things.
ReplyDelete