Thursday, November 19, 2009

What A Week

I don't know where to begin... The flat tire this morning caused by an exacto blade stuck in the tire...AK sharing that Cal was showing the boys an exacto blade he found in my scrapbooking supplies located in Cal's room...When I searched Cal's room for the blade I found a stolen wallet belonging to a kid in his grade from his school. GREAT. So I brought the wallet to school and told the school he may be in possesion of a blade or two ( I had a set of 3 exacto blades for scrapbooking and they are not where they were a few weeks ago when I made CAL his scrapbook. CRAP. He confessed to stealing the wallet and they searched him and did not find any blades -so he just has Internal Suspension for 3 days. I then had to drive him to the courthouse for his regularly scheduled meeting with his probabtion officer. Perfect Timing. She was very nurturing and nice because I explained to her I think he is either trying to get kicked out of our house so he doesn't have to say goodbye - or he is trying to get sent to lock-up so he doesn't have to go home to Mom. He has NOT called Bio-Mom 3 out of the last 4 scheduled phone calls...Where he used to call Grandma daily, he has called twice since last Friday. Either way he is conflicted about leaving....GREAT. Should I feel flattered that the kid who slashed my tire really likes my cooking and doesn't want to go home????

There at the courthouse this afternoon were several folks from our foster parent recruitment team hanging our Tshirt display because tomorrow is National Adoption Day. They, of course, thought I had come to help, and sadly had to explain we were at the courthouse for business, not pleasure....GOOD TIMES.

Did I mention The Other Mother and I are supposed to be speakers at National Adoption Day tomorrow and we don't have a clue as to what we will say....Not a clue. Maybe I'll modify a blog post and we can take turns reading parts of it....

Yesterday Baby' Dee's Social worker announced how well Bio Mom is doing in her 7th stint at Drug Rehab that she is now ready for a more independent setting....All the way across the freaking state...That they'd probably move Baby Dee to a foster home closer to Mom and that it would happen soon. So Mom can still have her visits...this is her fourth child she is not raising....So lets's return the MEDICALLY FRAGILE FAILURE TO THRIVE INFANT to Mom. GREAT. This is as I am handing the Social Worker the list of the 17 medical and therapeutic professionals she has has appointments with in the just the past month she has been with us...Sure lets just start all over with a whole new set of doctors and specialists and lets just try and get an appointment before the holidays. What are they FREAKING NUTS?????!!!!! Don't Answer that.

I then had to tell the Other Mother that the sweet little Baby we have fallen head over heels for and quietly fantasize about raising to adulthood may be heading off to the other side of the state....The Other Mother had just this week succumbed to peer pressure and being called Grandma one too many times by folks admiring Baby Dee and had bought hair dye to hide the grey...I guess dying the hair to appear more like a Mother than a Grandmother is on hold....CRAP.

I had an molar abcess last Friday and had a tooth pulled last Saturday and I am still HURTING. I can't wait for the Other Other to get home from work each night so I can finally be "off duty" with the kiddos and take a tylenol with codeine to get some pain relief....I think I just need to go to bed....

4 comments:

  1. oi - waht a week is right, I hope the weekend will be a little calmer... perhaps. Here's also to hoping that the SW get theoir heads out of the sand and do what is the best intrest of the child rather than the parent... not likely I know but I'll hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who makes these decisions and how do they sleep at night. We have had a baby girl since she was 10 months old. She is now 27 months old. Bio mom had another baby and he came to live with us at 3 months. "They" returned him to bio mom at 4 months (1 month later) because she was "fit" to care for him. But she is not "fit" to care for the 27 month old. Everyone believes he will be back in our home eventually. I feel "they" threw him into the fire!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a call for a med fragile baby that was 4 months old. Still in the hospital. He had a trach and a g-tube. We said yes right away. We made our plans to drive the six hours to the childrens hospital to get our trianing. Then we got a call that is was no go, becuase the mom wouldnt be able to visit. The kid had been in the hospital since birth, they didnt have another home for him. I was pissed. and you know what. This sweet baby boy died alone in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all so sad sometimes....We try our best and there are still so many ltiile ones that don't get a fair start at life....

    ReplyDelete