Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Fragments

  • Last year I left my job in the Behavioral Program of an Elementary School and spent the past year as a Stay At Home Mom. SAHM. It still cracks me up there is an acronym for that. Anyhow. Two of the three new littles make me feel as though I am still there. I can't leave them alone at all (not even for three minutes to switch the laundry)or turn my back for 5 seconds with out one of them protesting the other's behaviors. Legitimately so. The older one is becoming my stick-to-guy. Good thing I had those blue and green sticky hands to practice with.
  • I read FREECYCLE daily in the hopes that someone, somewhere is looking for what I am hoping to get rid of: Housefull of stuff I've managed to collect but will probably not use and a whole bunch of DPS (Dead Peoples Sh*t). So far this week I have a Kindergarten teacher looking for a guinea pig cage - which I happen to have. Sadly, The sculptor looking for assorted metal scraps was not interested in free-ranging my garage. Darn.
  • I used to buy antiques, tools and country primitives and then sell at a shop in Central VT. I have an odd collection of leftovers when I closed my business that are gathering dust in the garage and basement, including a four foot long railroad wrench. Talk about trying to find a specific buyer. I can't help it. I love antique tools.
  • No matter how much I plan ahead when buying groceries, or cook up several batches of food to freeze on Sundays, I am still absolutely surprised that I once again have to cook dinner and find something to feed these kids. Didn't I just feed them yesterday? Anyone else go through this?
  • I have been reading some blogs of some wonderful women who are going through tough times with their kids. I read and witness their pain but don't have much to offer in the support/comment department. "Hang in there" sounds so weak, yet it is what I have said on more than one occasion. By the time I sit down to read at the end of the night I am fried from my own day. Sorry to those of you who need so much more.
  • Babies are sprouting up everywhere around us: The Other Mother's program manger just learned she is having a girl in Jan., Bobby's oldest sister just learned she is having a boy in Jan., his older sister is having a girl in Sept., my first foster daughter is having a boy in October...phew. When we had Baby Dee last fall and winter, I had made it a part time job shopping for baby clearance/sale items and as a result have more than enough baby gifts to welcome these little ones.
  • Happy Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday to you! I love the new pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!
    (What?! Works for me!)
    Mary in TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I also go through the "I just fed these (damn) kids (yesterday, this morning, 10 minutes ago.) They are perpetual eating machines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I just said that a few weeks ago. I JUST fed these kids, WHAT is the deal? AGAIN with the "I'm hungry" bit?

    Sounds like you have a lot of babies coming! Babies are fun! They stay where you put them and they don't talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sooo relate on the antique thing. Pre kids we used to go antiquing all the time...in fact most of it was done while we are in New England. Now..most of it is just packed away.

    I can relate on the grocery/cooking thing too, what is UP with that? Does it never end?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh the cooking, i so hear you, the boys need to learn to cook sooner rather than later

    ReplyDelete