Sitting for three hours in a grocery store parking lot is not something that would normally irritate me. In fact I am prepared for the random traffic jam or unexpected wait in a doctor's office. In my car you'll find a totebag with my "junk mail" (catalogs, newsletters, school notices, etc), a book or two, magazines, a few pens and highlighters and an ongoing notebook filled with random lists (projects, groceries, to do , etc.)
Like a good little squirrel, I even have those nasty plastic wrapped packages of orange peanut butter crackers
and a case of overpackaged 10% juice AND 90% sugar beverage boxes tucked in the back of the mini-van.
Actually they sit in the back of this mini-van. Had I an actual mini-van, and not a sad, pathetic, storage disadvantaged, pretender, wannabe, sorry excuse of a mini-van I could tuck them under a seat...but, sadly, in this model, there isn't room to slide a map under the seat...let alone a case of juice boxes. So my emergency food stash is exposed to the elements (and the children...)
But I digress....
So, I was saying that I actually enjoy having a good sit . However, sitting in a busy grocery store parking lot with two four year olds (The Irish twins that just joined our family on Friday) and an increasingly anxious Eleven year old - Not so much!
It was challenging for us all, especially the kids: Poor little lambs...Finally at noon I left Bobby and his luggage in with his sister and her entire foster family (in case the bus actually showed) and made a mercy run to Mickey Dees for the ten of us. Yeah. the ten of us. After lunch I broke into my tote bag and passed out magazines to the grownups and my stash of catalogs to the four girls in the other car. It made the time pass...sort of. Then I remembered I had two bags of clothes in the back of the min-van headed for Goodwill and I brought those out for the four teen girls to go through....That took 5 minutes. Ughhhhh. Time went soooo slow today. The little guys held it together for so long...They really didn't whine half as much as I am whining now.....I was proud of their resilience.
After the successful boarding of the bus at 1:30 - I got lost taking the long way home. I had delusions that the boys would nap on the longggg car ride home. Bahahahaha. Not even a cat nap! I sooo needed a nap today as the seven month old baby brother to the Irish Twins joined our clan last night and had me up at 3 am screaming and at 4 am for a screaming foodfest, followed by more screaming til 5. I don't do well when my beauty sleep is interrupted.
There I go, digressing AGAIN! So after Bobby boarded the bus ( I cannot bring myself to say drop off or pick up without breaking into a cold sweat) - I was off to the pediatricians for the twins' exam/check up......I cannot even begin to describe the craziness of the office visit. I am tooooo tired to do it justice. Think 3 adults and 2 manic dysregulatied traumatised napless kids on steroids in a 6 foot by 8 foot exam room with no windows for over an hour and a half. Yeah.
This Momma has had it for tonight. I promise I will have a much better attitude tomorrow....


OMG what a day! Our van does not have the nifty storage you long for either!
ReplyDeleteYeek! How awful!!!! I cannot even imagine all those kids and nothing but time and small spaces. Wow, sounds like a script to a horror movie LOL! Find the twit that gave you the wrong time and do what you will.
ReplyDelete