Would somebody puhleeeze talk to Vermont and explain that it is still summer? Sum-mer. Summer. A whole month to go until it is officially Fall. Does Vermont know this? No. Not even a little bit.
Leaves are dropping, colors are changing, apples are ripening. The windows are mostly shut before bed. Extra blanket thrown on for good measure. It is downright chilly in the morning.
The true testament that Fall is here? The sign up sheet for the Chicken Pot Pie Supper at Church was passed around for the second Sunday in a row. How many pies will you bake? Can you work in the kitchen, serve dinner, or will you stay after and do clean up?
Yeah. Fall is here, allright. Geesh.
Ugh. My heart goes out to you... we're still in the 90's here. And muggy like a wet blanket. Breathing makes us sweat. Just the way the end of summer should be :)
ReplyDeleteSo sad :(
ReplyDeleteYes...but fall there is beautiful! When fall rolls around, I start to miss somethings about New England.
ReplyDeleteOh, that sounds like a slice of heaven to me since we are still hot a humid. I am ready for some crisp morning air.
ReplyDeleteFine, I'll talk to Vermont. Would you talk to Texas and explain that while hellacious things happen here, we are not living in Hades?! It was 110 degrees today for the first day of school..recess was broiling! I'll take the turning leaves and any crispness in the air that doesn't include the frying of my skin.
ReplyDeleteWe have some leaves turning too, but it is still hot as you- know- where. Maybe our tree's are confused.
ReplyDeleteI bet you will get another stretch of summer coming soon.
I'll send you our 95 degree/90% humidity. I can't wait til fall this year. I think more than just the weather is going through a change this year.
ReplyDelete