The Other Mother is at her Annual Dinner for the large Community Youth Agency she runs. She'll be home late tonight. I don't like being a single mother. I don't mind the work involved...but much like swimming in the ocean, it is much more fun (and safer) when you have a buddy.
I've got like 237 emails in my inbox. I read the first page tonight, answered a few emails and felt totally overwhelmed by the sheer volume. I don't even want to read them. Maybe if ignore them, they will all go away? But I don't want to delete them in case there is something in there important I should read. Argh. Is this how crazy hoarders start??? On second thought - don't tell me.
James Social Worker took him out for a haircut and some serious male bonding time and to talk about his future plans. He came back with a very sharp haircut and smelling good (not like cedar shavings/hamster like his usual cologne...) and even had his eyebrows waxed???? Waxed! What???? Yeah - the brows look really good, too! I had no idea manscaping began at such an early age. He's off on a walk now to do some heavy thinking and process what he and his social worker talked about.
Every so often I get the urge to move. Well, every time I think about my winter and my dreaded driveway. Winter I like. It is my driveway that makes me crazy. Here, the first leaves of fall are falling and I am already obsessing about winter. Quietly. If I obsessed out loud this early in the season I'd surely make The Other Mother crazy. I love her too much to do that.
So anyhow, I was thinking about winter and that I needed to move somewhere where I can have a short flat driveway and so I hopped on the internet and I found a job for the Other Mother (doing what she does for the national community youth group) in Colorado...She's all easy going and tolerant of me looking to "expand our horizons" but she does not feel the need to move cross country to do so (even if houses are like $200,000 less than they are around here...*sigh*.) I guess that cheap housing might not be a fair trade off for winter ten months of the year. But I'd be willing to deal with 10 months of winter if I had a flat driveway.
A girl can dream - can't she?
The Middle Little is now enrolled in Head Start! Yippee. He is sooo excited to be going to school like everyone else..but waiting until Wed, to begin is soooooo far away to a four year old. I might as well have said "you'll be starting school in 373,654 days. If I hear "Maybe-A-Morrow-I-Go-To-School???" one more time..............at least he's stopped chanting "maybe I have a blow-knee-cheeze roll-up?"
The Biggest Little is extremely adorable and extremely challenging in his attention seeking behaviors and need for constant dysfunctional attention. I am soooo trying to break the cycle by having clear consequences for his choices that are loving, natural and easily understood. Easier typed than done.
I'm supposed to be buying my plane tickets for Texas - but all I want to do is make a cup of tea and break into the kid's sugary snack food treats...(again).....and then have some salty potato chips and a good cry.
PMS??? Either that - or it's Friday.
G'nite.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment