Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oh My Stars

Crazy disregulated kids this afternoon had me calling the neighbors for some emergency emotional support.   Today, the Littles were in a constant state of tears, rage and disappointment. In.con.sol.a.ble. The Littles have been having a tough time of things lately and are taking no prisoners.  Lately, as in, since they spoke to Mommy last night.  We are along for the ride.  Lucky us.

Thankfully the neighbors invited us over for an evening of chicken parm and joyful spontaneity... YUMMERS.  We brought the pasta and sauce (which had 2 eggplants and 4 cups of zucchini hiding in it!) and lemon pound cake and 4 cups of the 26 POUNDS of blueberries we picked this summer.... They supplied the chicken parm (so delish) and salad and WINE!!!!  The kids ate at the kitchen table and the big people ate in the dining room. A great dinner with great neighbors.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I sympathize with you. I can relate to crazy, all day disregulation that lasted 18-months. Thankfully, the past 7 months we have been on the mend and it does not last ALL day just part of the day. :-)If I get really lucky we might even skip a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that sounds fabulous! I want your neighbors- do they deliver? LOL!
    Sad for the poor "littles" though. Sounds like they were just getting on track too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tough. It's nice to know we're not alone. I need neighbors like that....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so sad that contact with mom can stir up such emotions....its a common thing, unfortunately. Poor babies. Glad for you all though, that you got to go out and have a lovely dinner (with WINE!). You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete