Sunday, January 16, 2011

Latest Read

I am plugging along in my A 2 Z Book Challenge. I'm reading my way through the alphabet: an author for each letter of the alphabet for 2011. Last year I did the challenge by title. Next year I may do both author and title: an amibitious 52 books. We'll see.

Anyhow, I consumed The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffennegger in less than an hour before dinner last night. I was attracted by the cover and the theme. The character's bookmobile is filled with everything she has ever read...blissful, creepy and interesting all at the same time.



As a young girl growing up in THE GREATER NEW YORK/METROPOLITAN AREA (translated means across the river in 'Jersey....)  I loved the bookmobile that came through our town and parked  behind School Number 5 (yeah- the schools were numbered back then: no worthy local or national heros to name them for, I guess...).  Back then, I loved the bookmobile and the library and everything about books - and still do.

I should mention that The Night Bookmobile is a graphic novel. I'm not really sure how I feel about graphic novels other than I really don't care for them unless it is one of the many cool Adventures of Tin Tin....but I digress... In this case, the illustrations fit the rough-edgy quality of the book and made the reading experience richer.

PS This is NOT a children's book, although that was my first impression when I saw it on top of the stacks at my favorite library. 

Happy Reading.

2 comments:

  1. WTG! You have already read so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOohhh.. I've loved her other stuff, particularly the Time Travelers Wife. I'll have to look for this.

    ReplyDelete