Friday, January 21, 2011
Snowfall on Cedars In My Driveway
Another snow day here. For a change. Because we haven't had enough days off from school in the past 2 weeks: 1 holiday, 1 professional teacher training day, 3 snow days and a 2 hour ice delay....at this rate we'll be going to school into July. Although I think teacher contracts are such that they must be done by June 30 as July 1 starts a whole new year. Whatever.
I'm all for togetherness. I think that is one of the characteristics which helps us be good foster parents to our kids - we like to be together doing things. But for the love of all that is holy - there has got to be a limit on this togetherness if I am going to preserve what is left of my sanity.
Two cats. Three dogs. Two semi-teens and one very calm and patient Mom (The Other Mother) and one anxious and semi-irritable Mom (umm, that would be ME- Mama Drama) snowbound for yet another day.
I know it should bring me some small measure of comfort to know that winter is more than half over. At least according to my friend's husband. January 15 is the magic day for him. Where does he get this number you ask. Apparently HEATING SEASON is six months long and he only lets the furnace on from Oct 15 - April 15. Please keep in mind that some New Englanders refer to their furnace as a bottomless money pit which is why one might measure time in terms of fuel dollars. My delivery this week of oil was $509 for 157 gallons. I had a similar delivery last month, and expect the same next month. OUCH.
Corey - bless her soul. Knows that the way to a girls heart is through her stomach and a good blog. She sent me a link to http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/ YUMMMMMMMM. As I told her, this is the perfect site for me to pour over for a good soup recipe (my current obsession) as soon as we are done shoveling our crazy steep, long driveway of 8 more inches of the white stuff as we have YET ANOTHER $%&(^#)^&^#@@$%&() SNOWDAY and the plow-guy hasn't come and I have to get Bobby to the Orthodontist to have his braces put on in about an hour and....and...and..
Thanks for stopping by to read on this snowy cussed (cuss-id) New England Day, but I gotta go help shovel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Snow days are even worse when the snow is too deep for my kids to play in. My seven year old twins sink up to their waists out there!
ReplyDeleteI'm annoyed because I think out school system is going to take away our February break and I have a vacation planned!
love your blog, came over from christine's...love your pics and your humor. :)
ReplyDelete