Saturday, January 8, 2011

A to Z Challenge 2011

Last year I  was inspired by Carol at Giraffe Dreams  and tried to complete the A to Z Challenge : Attempting to read a book for each letter of the Alphabet.  My heart was in the right place and I read many, many good books -I even doubled up on several letters - yet there were just some letters left unfulfilled on December 31.

A to Z Challenge 2010
A Clue for the Puzzle Lady - Parnell Hall;
A Continual Feast - Jan Caron
Beyond Consequences Logic and Control - Heather Forbes
Blind Descent - James Tabor
Book of the Dead - Patricia Cornwell
Boston Noir, Edited by Dennis Lehane
Blockade Billy - Stephen King
Don't Think About Monkeys, (Tourettes) - A. Seligman and J. Hilkevich;
Dexter is Delicious - Jeff Lindsay
Easy Prey - John Sanford;
Good Husband of Zebra Drive (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series) Alexander Mc Call Smith;
Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
Just in Case Handbook - Kathy Harrison;
Made for Goodness - Desmond Tutu
Miracle at Speedy Motors (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series) Alexander McCall Smith
Monday Mourning Kathy Reichs
Never Tell A Lie - (suspense) Hallie Ephron;
Out of Many One Family - Bart and Claudia Fletcher;
Parenting Other People's Children - John Stoller
Puzzled to Death - Parnell Hall
Portuguese Irregular Verbs - Alexander Mc Call Smith;
Raising Children Who Refuse to be Raised - Dave Ziegler:
Shoot To Thrill - PJ Tracy;
Tea Time For The Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series)- Alexander Mc Call Smith
The Finer Points of Sausage Dogs Alexander Mc Call Smith
Three Bedrooms One Corpse - Charlaine Harris:
Unwelcome Companion (Tourettes)- Rick Fowler;
Voluntary Madness - Norah Vincent
With This Puzzle (Puzzle Lady Series ) Parnell HallThe
Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag - Alan Bradley
You Have The Right To Remain Puzzled -Puzzle Lady Series- Parnell Hall
206 Bones – Kathy Reichs.

Well, it is a new year I am trying the challenge again - but will be reading A-Z books based on authors last names.  There are a variety of ways to meet the challenge: by author as I am doing, by title, by country, etc: You should really visit the A to Z website here and join in.

So far I am off to a good start as I spent most of school vacation week with my nose in a book and my bottom on a couch when I wasn't taking a nap or eating something delicious.....

John Sanford:  Bad Blood  (4th book in the Virgil Flowers series)

Alan Bradley:  The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Kristin Kimball : The Dirty Life - on Farming, Food and Love

I am heading to bed now with a cup of tea to finish Charlaine Harris: Definitely Dead (the 6th in the Sookie Stackhouse Series).

What are you reading?  Any recommendations for my reading list?

7 comments:

  1. Rats! Another B book I want to read. EVERY book I've been tempted to read lately has been a B author. You mentioned Sweetness at the Bottom of... I have that in my Kindle, and it's another B!! I'm reading a B. My book group is reading a B. BBBBB!! Maybe I should read as many B authors as I can this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't figure out why I wasn't following your blog before. Now I finally am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading some Kathy Reichs, she is great but I see she is already there. Hmmm, did you read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? That one is REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time commenter here, but I love to read!
    How was the book by Desmond Tutu? This year I really enjoyed reading "The Hole in our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. And right now I'm reading "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis. A very interesting take/fantasy on Heaven and Hell. I'm a sucker for any Nicholas Sparks book too! -katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Desmond Tutu book so much I gave it to my foster son's social worker for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. i used to read 50 books a year. haven't done that for three years no - too much "life" happening

    ReplyDelete
  7. great, thanks!! I'll put it on my list! -katie

    ReplyDelete