Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

We've been slammed here in New England: Snow, snow, snow. At least a foot on the ground since last night and  another half foot predicted to fall today. The boys are inside from shovelling the parking spaces at the bottom of the long, steep driveway.

The Other Mother is being the best Mom ever! Oh, I mean "Evah!! Said, of course, in my best Southie accent - South Boston to those in the know. I could listen to Boston accents alll dayyy longggggg. I'm sure all y'all Non-New Englanders might wonder what that sounds like???? A little like Roger Cook on This Old House. *sigh*




Anyhow - where was I ??? ...Oh yeah...The Other Mother is being the best Mom/Wife evah... She is making us the perfect Snow-Day lunch: grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  She even peeled our clementines. Oh, how I love her..

I do love to "crock pot-it". Especially on a snow day like today.  Dinner for tonight is Pilgrim Chicken: Deb at Smitten Kitchen has nothing to fear.

Pilgrim Chicken
Boneless chicken tenders
Can of whole cranberry sauce
Small can of diced peaches (optional)
A dollop of brown mustard for zing
Half bag of frozen peppers (red-yellow-green)
Garlic salt (cuz I can't find any fresh garlic in the house...)
Pepper
Throw it all in the crock pot
Stir
Cook on high for a few hours/all afternoon
Serve with a slotted spoon over rice.
A veggie on the side
Yummmmmmmmmm

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I bet I could do this and use the faux chiken cutlets that the kids like. I have 4 cans of cranberry sauce in the pantry. Someone gave it to me and I never say no to food! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm... Smitten Kitchen...

    btw, thought of you at Hannaford's yesterday.. kale was on sale and I *almost* bought it, but my kale-o-phobia won out again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so curious about kale crisps... but so afraid, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pilgrim chicken will be on our menu next week. Sounds yummy!

    Confession:I can count the number of times I've crossed the Mason-Dixon on my fingers. When you wrote "Evah..." I was thinking Scarlett O'Hara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recipe disclaimer: Here in New England boneless tenders are the little chicken breast side pieces or what you get if you flatten and slice up a whole chicken breast into a bunch of strips of the size that 3 strips would be a healthy serving portion.

    In this recipe, tenders are not at all like breaded formed patties/nugget things.

    ReplyDelete