Friday, January 28, 2011

Taxmaker, Refunds and 8839

Clearly I have wayyyyyyyy to much time on my hands to be writin' showtunes about Tax Preparation and the Adoption Credit.  What next? A country ballad about root canal??? But really - if you have adopted a child in the past couple of  years you may be able to claim a rather hefty tax refund: we are talkin' an amount of money that is worth lookin' into. A refund of up to 13 thousand dollars (actual money back - not just a credit) Really. Form 8839 with the IRS. Seriously. Check it out.

Taxmaker, Taxmaker (To the tune of Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof)


Taxmaker, Taxmaker
It's that time to file
My Income and tax
I'm financially in fear
I cannot relax

Just file my forms
I'll hand you my stubs
You'll re-calculate
Till your erasers are nubs

Taxmaker, Taxmaker
Deduct all those kids
And uniform scrubs
Who's head of household
Me or the hubs?

Taxmaker, please file my tax

Taxmaker, Taxmaker
Don't make any flubs
Not one mistake
Don't forget rental income
On the house at the Lake

Taxmaker, Taxmaker
Claim all bank interest!
Is this schedule C?
Those stocks were a loss.
How much is owed me?

Taxmaker, Taxmaker
You're sure you can do that?
I'll buy peace of mind!
For 13K back
On form 8839!

Taxmaker, please file my tax

By MamaDrama Times Two

2 comments:

  1. that is so cute, a should learn the words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I am THRILLED to pieces about this tax refund despite the fact that we cannot file until near the end of Feb. b/c the form we need will not be available until then AND that we cannot e-file this time (drat)!
    I kinda sorta wanted to take the money to use for another adoption as I still feel that we have another treasure out there somewhere who is HIV+, but my husband threatened to duct tape me to the wall if I mentioned it again ;) Okay, not really, but um, no. He is all about paying off Elaina's adoption and actually having money in a savings account. Hmph! So practical!
    Counting my blessings as my youngest treasure is sitting beside me meticulously picking up every cracker crumb and shoving them into her mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete